Wednesday 5 August 2015

Just Sayin'



Hello ............
I am writing this post from sunny Chapel st Leonards on the east cost,  we decided at the last minute to come away for a few days in the caravan. We arrived on Monday and so far the weather as been great and we have had some fab walks on the beach with our dog Millie.

I started this card before we came away for the current challenge at Less is More and had to bring all the bits away with me and finish it here.

I have used some card that I coloured with brushos, I don't like to cut this card as it sometimes seems such a shame to spoil it!! I spend ages just looking at the pieces that I make and then put them to one side, but I thought this piece would be ideal for the current challenge over at Less is More which is Berry Shades.
I used a die that was free with a magazine and cut it 3 times, before sticking 2 straight to the card front and then I raised the middle one with some foam pads.
I drew the string with a black fine liner pen overlapping them slightly and then added a little bow from a snippet of black button twine.   
I make most of my own card bases so always have lots of little snippets of white card stock so I used one of these snippets to make the sentiment banner and then stamped using a sentiment from stampin up.






6 comments:

  1. Great card Gail, fab balloons and I love that cute little bow, lovely!
    have a great time in St Leonards, have been, but soooo long ago now, bet it''s changed a lot since then, anyway, enjoy!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply berry-licious Gail and I'm thrilled you managed to put this together so brilliantly in your caravan! That's dedication and a perfect wifi connection obviously! Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Gail, and thanks so much for going to your caravan with us in mind! I love the marbling effect of your brusho balloons and the linen card base looks lovely and crisp against the berry colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that you take your crafting away with you Gail, this is super!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm catching up on last week's Less is More cards, sorry to be so late with my visit!
    What gorgeous berry shades on those balloons Gail
    Thanks so much for joining us this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, your comments are much appreciated.

Hugs

Gail xx