Friday 17 April 2015

Splatters



This will be a very quick post because I want to enter this card into the challenge over at
 Less is More, this week the challenge was a one layer card adding splatters!

I have made a few attempts over the week but never seemed to get it right, so I decided just to use a sentiment stamp, and some splatters

The Sentiment is from Penny Black and I stamped onto a white card base, I then added some splatters of colour using a water colour brush and distress inks. I finished off with some sequins.

I am not sure if I should have stamped the sentiment last because it doesn't stand out to well, but I am happy with the end result. I am also unsure if I have left enough white space for it to be CAS!




7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, I love cards where the sentiment is the main feature. I'm too much of a coward to use a paint brush to create splatters!
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Gail, love the fab design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty splattered card Gail. Love the delicate dots around the sentiment that makes it the focal point. Apologies I didn't get to your before the challenged closed but thanks so much for playing along at Less is More.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, this is simply stunning :0) huggles Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just catching up on last week's submissions!
    This is great Gail!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gail
    Have seen a couple of splatter cards recently, very striking and yours is no exception.
    Good luck in your challenge.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and so stylish - I love those fab splatters!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, your comments are much appreciated.

Hugs

Gail xx