Tuesday 26 April 2016

Male Birthday card




Hello again, I am back with a card to share that I have made for a male birthday that I have coming up.  I have followed the current sketch over at The Paper players


I created a card base in very vanilla card stock and added some snippets of DSP from the Going Places 6 x 6 pad, and a snippet of crumb cake card stock.  I die cut a stitched circle and added my sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set, before mounting with foam pads.
I decided that the finished card needed a little something and as I 
did not bring any twine I had to hunt around and managed to find some black darning wool! which I then added around my card before adding a little cream button that I also found in the drawer.
As I have used some snippets on my card I am also linking up to 

9 comments:

  1. Gail, this neutral color palette is so pretty! I love the black twine and button, too! SO happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Gail - a perfect card for a chap and also using snippets too!

    I've been reading about your Caravan Club adventure - I know that Club Site, lucky you! And wonderful that you're managing to do some card making as well.

    Lovely to see you in the Playground

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely FANTASTIC masculine card. Love the design and the neutral palette used.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to find the darning wool as a substitute. The texture of that works wonderful with the patterns in the paper rectangles, and the wooden button. Very much like the swirls of the white paper..thought perhaps it was a yupo work. Looks so nice with the other elements on this terrific masculine card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these neutral colors! Great masculine card! Glad you shared it at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card. The sketch, papers and colors you used are just perfect for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really great masculine card, Gail! I love the papers you chose and the embellishments are awesome! Thanks for playing with the Players this week and sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous design for those hard to please males in our lives...love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a perfect masculine card Gail and love the added wool and button and the dp works wonderfully. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, your comments are much appreciated.

Hugs

Gail xx