Sunday 13 September 2015

peace




good morning hope you have all had a good week, I certainly have had a busy one! My dad due to have his heart by-pass operation on Friday so we took him in on Thursday afternoon and left him with word that his operation would be first thing.  On Friday they had an emergency so put Dads op back until lunch time, then at 3 o clock they decided that they would not be able to perform the operation so sent him home!! We have to go through the whole thing again on Monday aftertnoon ready for operation on Tuesday, fingers crossed that all goes to plan

 Today is the start of a new challenge over at Christmas Card Challenges


I have another poinsettia card for you today using a stamp set from the new Stampin Up seasonal catalogue called 'reason for the season'.  In this set you get the main flower stamp and also a stamp to make the watercolour effect of the petals and another one for the leaves.  When I first saw this set I did not think I would use it much but since using it at my stamp class this week I love it!! It is so versatile so I think you will be seeing lots more cards with this set

 I made a card base from Mossy Meadow card and added a panel of vanilla. The poinsettia outline was stamped in memento ink and then the petal stamp in Real Red and the leaves in Old Olive all from Stampin Up. The sentiment is part of the set, and I added 3 sequins for decoration. 



reason for the season stamp set

7 comments:

  1. This does look lovely Gail, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail
    Absolutely beautiful. Just catching up myself after a busy week.
    You have been busy with some lovely cards.
    Hope that your Dad gets sorted today and that all goes well.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great festive card Gail, love the image and the lovely green colour.
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Gail. Hope all goes well for your dad, fingers crossed all goes ahead as planned this time. Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Gail. I love the beautiful flower and colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Gail. Love the pretty poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card Gail. Love the deep green card base.

    Sorry to hear about your dad. It's awful when they postpone surgeries. That happened to my mom as well (aortic valve replacement). It's very tramatic for the patient. Sending hugs to your dad! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, your comments are much appreciated.

Hugs

Gail xx